2. (Dec. 2011) As the 2nd marking period comes to an end, the classes are ranked in this order based on report card averages:
1st Place: Pd 9 with ’88′ class average
2nd Place: Pd 8 with ’87′ class average
3rd Place: Pd 4 with ’87′ class average
4th Place: Pd 3 with ’86′ class average
5th Place: Pd 7 with ’85′ class average
This last marking period will contain several opportunities for students to bolster their end-of-term report card grades.Among these are:
- The class with the highest exam average will have their lowest test grade dropped.
- The class with the 2nd highest exam average will have their lowest quiz grade dropped.
- In instances where I have to round-off a report card grade, I will round up.
- Tutor-Mentors will have an opportunity to earn additional points based on the performance of their student-clients.
- Students participating in the iPad Experiment will earn additional credit if they complete the tasks Mr.V devised for them.
Overall, the F2011 classes are performing at a higher level than the F2010 classes. We can’t rest on these laurels since there remains several in-class exams and the Final Exam is lurking in Jan. 2012.
Keep up the good work!