HUS Research Project Tasks
I. The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on…
– the manner of construction of your research Essay.
– how to submit your research Essay.
II. Research ‘Product’ Construction
Students will construct an essay that reveals the historical significance of their topic thesis. The student should carefully craft the argument to provide the necessary evidence that will support such a claim.
1. The essay will be constructed in accordance with the standards established by the Modern Language Association. At the very least, heading, line spacing, margin spacing, page numbering, title, and font style/ size must be addressed.
2. No embedded graphics, images, etc. are required or expected.
3. There will be a 5-paragraph minimum and 3-page maximum (flexible).
a. The student must convert the essay into a PDF file.
b. The finished file should be labeled in the following fashion:
Pd#_LastNameFirstName-Essay (Ex.: 06_SmithJohn-Essay)
c. The completed file is to be deposited into the project folder.
B. MLA Resources
– Purdue’s Online Writing Lab ([https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/])
– EasyBib Citation Generator ([http://www.easybib.com])