HUS Research Project Tasks
I. The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on…
– the manner of construction of your research mind map.
– how to submit your research mind map.
II. Research ‘Product’ Construction
Students will construct a mind map using their Mindmeister accounts. The mind map will evolve as the research project traverses each phase. It’s expected that a mind map will continue to develop even after the due date of that product. In fact, the mind map is expected to remain active up to the date of the submission of the final product of the research project.
1. The mind map being constructed must utilize all the application features available and accessible to the student. The application must be fully exploited.
2. The mind map must reflect the concepts, imagery, overlapping relationships, and factual content that forms the skeleton of the student’s research and analysis of the topic thesis.
3. It’s expected that the mind map will contain: text, images, relevant iconography, Internet links, attached documents (of each submitted product: Wordle document, Essay, Presentation, Graphic, Annotated Bibliography).
a. The student will share the mind map with Mr.V using his DOE email address. Ask him for it if you don’t know what it is.
b. Mr.V must have “Can Edit” access to the mind map.
c. The mind map must be labeled in the following fashion:
Pd#\_LastNameFirstName (Ex.: 06\_SmithJohn). Remember, the label of the mind map has to be inserted in two places within Mindmeister’s interface. One place is the central node. The other place is in the mind map’s profile.
B. MLA Resources
– Purdue’s Online Writing Lab ([https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/])
– EasyBib Citation Generator ([http://www.easybib.com])