A04_HGS-Connecting Hemispheres 500-1800 CE (Ch.16-Ch.20)
Along with class lessons and activities, this assignment will help us address these essential questions…
- What empires and peoples existed in the Americas before the arrival of Europeans?
- What new ideas and values led to the Renaissance and the Reformation?
- What were the causes of the rise and decline of Muslim empires between 1300 and 1700?
- What fueled the age of exploration and why did China and Japan withdraw into isolation?
- What was the impact of European exploration and colonization of the Americas?
- Religious and Ethical Systems
- Cultural Interaction
- Power and Authority
- Empire Building
- Science and Technology
Use the World History: Patterns of Interaction (POI) textbook to complete the assignment below.
Refer to the course calendar to acquire due dates and other instructions.
We will be using a Cornell Notes Template to gather notes from assigned readings. If you would like a quick introduction to the method, please read ‘Student Note-Taking’ under the ‘Admin’ tab in the upper-left menu bar.
The notes you compile (as Cornell Notes) from your reading will augment your class notes and the Auxiliary Notes provided by Mr.V. You are being provided with a list of ‘Key’ vocabulary from each section of the chapter to help you focus and compile notes efficiently. Your notes should focus on the historical significance of the vocabulary term.
These notes are your “Homework” assignments. They must be uploaded as a PDF file to the ‘Assignments’ folder in our shared Dropbox folder. The files are due in Dropbox before the class period on the due date indicated in the course calendar.
The vocabulary listed below are divided into their respective sections. Your notes should be compiled for each section and submitted as separate assignments.
To see an example of how to label and submit the file containing your Cornell Notes, refer to the instructions for A03.