A04_HGS-Connecting Hemispheres 500-1800 CE (Ch.16-Ch.20)
Along with class lessons and activities, this assignment will help us address these essential questions…
- What empires and peoples existed in the Americas before the arrival of Europeans?
- What new ideas and values led to the Renaissance and the Reformation?
- What were the causes of the rise and decline of Muslim empires between 1300 and 1700?
- What fueled the age of exploration and why did China and Japan withdraw into isolation?
- What was the impact of European exploration and colonization of the Americas?
- Religious and Ethical Systems
- Cultural Interaction
- Power and Authority
- Empire Building
- Science and Technology
Use the World History: Patterns of Interaction (POI) textbook to complete the assignment below.
Refer to the course calendar to acquire due dates and other instructions.
Write complete sentences as you describe the historical significance of the term, name, or phrase. Your description must relate specifically to the chapter’s historical content and context (Time, Place, Circumstance).
When submitting this assignment as a digital file, be sure to follow these steps:
-If you hand-wrote the assignment, scan the paper and convert to a digital file (PDF).
-If you are typing, convert the file into a PDF file using the same program you typed with.
-There are five assignments in Unit04: A04a to A04e, representing the five chapters of the unit. Please submit each assignment as a separate file.
-Label each file in the format: 2-digit Pd#LastNameFirstName-A04# (Example: 09SmithJohn-A04a).
Remember, when labeling files, an ‘O’ is NOT a Zero ‘0’. ‘O’ is a letter and Zero ‘0’ is a number.