Pu00 (Puzzle Unit00 Vocabulary): The Study of History
2. (0 degrees Longitude) An imaginary line drawn on maps indicating the start and finish of the division of the Earth into ‘Time’ segments.
4. A science whose focus is to understand the forces which govern human commercial activity.
7. A tradition that carries data from generation to generation. An excellent source of cultural values, but may be plagued with errors due to memory lapses or the death of key individuals
9. A systemic series of steps used to investigate a particular area of study.
11. A designation marking the elapsed time since the journey of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) from Mecca to Madinah.
13. A social phenomena whereby two or more cultures come into contact and form a hybrid culture. (2 words)
14. Item that society has accepted as having value of its own accord and willing to accept it in exchange for a Good/ Service.
17. The Study of the Earth’s physical features and its influence on human life/ social development.
18. Exchanging a Good/ service for a Good/ service.
19. Literary, oral, and physical material used to support arguments or conclusions.
22. A radioactive isotope used to determine the age of organic materials.
1. An area marked by the shared cultural attributes of the people living there.
3. A designation marking the time (period) prior to the birth of Jesus.
5. The study of time.
6. The study of the relationship between humans and the world they live in.
8. A phase, in historical methodology, that attempts to look at gathered data for the purpose of eliminating useless or incorrect information while retaining and using accurate or useful data.
10. (O degrees Latitude) An imaginary line drawn on maps indicating the midpoint of the Earth’s tropical zone.
11. A designation marking the elapsed time since the birth of Jesus.
12. The study of History via the written word.
13. Average weather conditions over an extended period.
15. An item whose value is determined by the government that issues it. It has no inherent value outside that which the government applies to it.
16. Where buying and selling occurs.
17. The practical application of science.
20. When something occurred. Where it occurred. Circumstance under-which it occurred.
21. A designation marking the time prior to the birth of Jesus. Religious reference, however, is removed to advance a secular method of marking the passage of time.